What is the CD2H Idea Competition?
The Idea Competition is designed to solicit ideas and proposals from the CTSA community for a future DREAM Challenge. Winners of the CD2H Idea Competition will be awarded a subcontract for up to $100K to support activities associated with the development and execution of a challenge that include (a) data extraction and curation (b) algorithm development and assessment, and (c) domain expert support.
The ideal “Idea” proposal should pose a question that is solvable, measurable, and of broad interest to the CTSA biomedical community. Example Challenges might include:
- Prediction of 30-day readmission or patient disease risk.
- Inference of patient diagnosis.
- Assessment of Natural Language Processing algorithms against a gold-standard data set.
- Comparison of clinical trial matching algorithms.
2019 Idea Competition Winner
CD2H was pleased to announce the winner of the 2019 Idea Competition: University of Alabama, Birmingham “Automated Scoring of Radiographic Damage in Rheumatoid Arthritis” (PI S. Louis Bridges).
- Predicting risk of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) in premature infants using vital sign data and growth parameters, Columbia University
- Predicting respiratory illness following preterm birth to guide therapy choices and expectations, University of Rochester
- Analysis of brain tumor imaging for clinical trial development, Georgetown University
- Dynamic Stratification of Venous Thromboembolism Risk in Cancer Patients, UC Davis
- Enabling methods for accessible and reproducible quantitative MRI of the liver, University of Wisconsin-Madison
We received many outstanding applications (32 total) and hope to develop more opportunities to support CTSA Challenges in the near future.
Please send all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org